Fire Engineering Performance Solutions & Peer Reviews
The advent of performance-based building codes in the mid 1990’s opened up limitless possibilities for the development of aesthetically pleasing and highly functional building stock, unconstrained by prescriptive design requirements.
Greencap’s team of experienced and accredited fire engineers can assist property developers, owners and occupiers in preparing detailed and practical fire engineering “Performance Solutions” to address proposed non-compliances with the deemed-to-satisfy provisions of the Building Code of Australia. The development of such solutions would typically involve:
- Attend preliminary and ongoing meetings with the design team, project manager, and other associated stakeholders
- Develop a Fire Engineering Brief and present to fire-fighting authorities as deemed appropriate
- Undertake detailed fire, smoke and egress modelling and analyses in order to justify the nominated departures from the prescriptive requirements
- Develop a Fire Engineering Design Report
- Upon conclusion of the works, undertake a verification inspection and prepare a Fire Engineering Inspection Report to verify that all of the recommendations of the Design Report have been correctly implemented
Greencap can also offer Peer Review services in which an independent review of third-party Performance Solution reports is undertaken to verify conformance with best practice guidelines.